This is a super easy recipe for mozzarella biscuits I threw together this morning with the only ingredients left in the house. If you made my TuBlanc Chicken Soup, you know we have a secret hatred for grocery shopping and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel this weekend. We are both waiting each other out until the other one breaks & goes to the store. It’s the little things that make a marriage.
I made these bicuits using my Cuisinart food processor but you can also use a KitchenAid stand mixer with the dough hook attachment or even mix by hand if you are so inclined.
Yields ~12 biscuits
8 oz block of mozzarella, shredded (you can use cheddar as well)
3 cups Pioneer Baking Mix
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 cup milk (I only had 1/4 cup half & half so I added 3/4 cup water to equal 1 cup)
- Preheat oven 450°
- Lightly grease baking sheet and set aside
- Combine cheese, dry ingredients & thyme
- Pour in the milk and process/mix until just combined
- With a large ice cream scoop (~3 tbsp), drop batter onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes until golden brown.
Let me know how they turn out for you and any special additions you used for your mozzarella cheese biscuits to make them extra yummy!
Leave a Comment