Brown Butter + Cream Cheese = BEST ICING EVER
You can stop looking for the best cream cheese frosting because you’ve found it. Easy to make & stores beautifully, making this the perfect frosting for cinnamon rolls and my famous flaky king cake.
Brown Butter Cream Cheese Icing
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar, shift for smooth icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-10 tablespoons milk, half and half works too
- Brown butter over medium heat in small saucepan until golden & nutty smelling.
- Cream hot brown butter and cream cheese together in stand mixer with whisk attachment until fluffy and smooth, 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar followed by 1-2 tablespoons milk until incorporated. Mix in vanilla and milk until icing is smooth and spreadable.
- Spread over warm king cake or cinnamon rolls, or eat by the spoonful with a glass of wine. Store chilled in airtight container up to five days.
Leave a Comment